- The present terms and conditions apply to contracts for the rental use of hotel rooms for lodging purposes, as well as all other goods and services rendered by the hotel for the customer.
- The prior written consent of the hotel is required if rooms provided are to be sublet or rented to other parties or used for other than lodging purposes.
- The customers terms and conditions apply only if so agreed in advance.
Conclusion of contract; parties; liability; limititation period
- The contract is made when the hotel accepts the customers application. At its own discretion, the hotel may confirm the room reservation in writing.
- The parties to the contract are the hotel and the customer. If a third party placed the order, then that party shall be liable vis-à-vis the hotel for all obligations arising from the hotel accommodation contract as joint and several debtor with the customer, insofar as the hotel has a corresponding statement by the third party.
- The hotel shall be liable for its obligations undertaken in the contract. In non typical performance areas, is liability is limited to cases of intent and gross negligence.
- Any claims against the hotel for circumstances which become known to the parties become time-barred one year from the beginning of the standard statutory period of limitation. Regardless of whether the circumstances become known to the parties or not all claims become time-barred after five years. These restrictions on the period of limitation do not apply to claims which are based on a deliberate action or grossly negligent breach of obligations on the part of the hotel.
Performances, rates, payment, set-off
- The hotel is obligated to keep the rooms reserved by the customer available and to render the agreed performances.
- The customer is obligated to pay the applicable or agreed hotel rates for rooms provided and for other services used. This also applies to the hotels services and outlays to third parties caused by the customer.
- The agreed rates include applicable value-added tax as required by law. If the period between conclusion and fulfillment of contract exceeds four months, and if the rate generally charged by hotel for such services increases, then the hotel may raise the contractually agreed rate to a reasonable extent, but not by more than ten percent.
- Moreover, the hotel may change rates if the customer later wishes to make changes in the number of reserved rooms, the hotels services, or the lengths of guests stay, and the hotel consents to such changes.
- Hotel bills not showing a due date are payable in full within 14 days of receipt. At any time, the hotel is entitled to call in accrued amounts owed and require immediate payment. We kindly ask you to pay in time as we have been obliged to charge valid legal penalty interest rate according to Article 29., Law of Obligations(Official Gazette, Narodne novine no. 35./2005 and 41/2008).
- The hotel is entitled to require a reasonable advance payment or security deposit upon conclusion of contract or thereafter, observing the legal provisions for package tours. The amount of the advance payment and payment dates may be agreed in writing in the contract.
- The hotel Mediteran reserves the right to create an preliminary invoice, if the guest is staying at the hotel more than seven days or the invoice amount exceeds 3600 KN. The guest have to pay the preiminary invoice immediately at the front desk.
- The customer may set off or reduce a claim by the hotel only against an undisputed claim or one that has been adjudicated finally and absolutely.
- Reservations made through our online booking platform – www.mediteran.hr or one oft the other hotel websites, are subject to special payment arrangements. The hotel Mediterranean is therefore entitled to charge the credit card three days before arrival, for the total amount of the reservation. If it´s necessary, the hotel can reserve on the credit card the total ammount within three weeks prior to arrival of the guest.
Rescission by customer (cancellation)
- Rescission by the customer of the contract concluded with the hotel requires the hotels written consent. If it is not given, then the rate agreed in the contract must be paid even if the customer does not avail himself of contractual services. This does not apply in cases of delayed performance for which the hotel is at fault.
- To the extent the hotel and customer agreed in writing upon a date for rescinding the contract, the customer may rescind the contract up to that date without incurring payment or damage compensation claims by the hotel. The customers right of rescission expires if he does not exercise his rescission right in writing vis-à-vis the hotel by the agreed date, to the extent there is no delay in performance by the hotel or impossibility of performance for which the hotel is at fault.
- If rooms are not used by the customer, the hotel must apply credit for the income from renting the rooms to other parties and also for saved expenses.
- At its discretion, the hotel may require flat-rate compensation from the customer for damages incurred. The customer is then obligated to pay 100 per cent of the contractually agreed rate for lodging with or without breakfast. The customer is at liberty to show that no damages were incurred or that the damages incurred by the hotel were lower than the flat-rate amount charged.
- Cancellation conditions for online bookings via hotel website: cancellations or changes in reservations have to be made at least one day prior to the guest’s arriva (until 18:00 clock) . In this case the credit card will not be charged by the hotel.
- If the guest does not cancel the reservation, the hotel is entitled to charge the full amount of the reservation fee (which includes all taxes and service charges).
Rescission by the hotel
- To the extent a right of rescission within a certain period was agreed in writing for the customer, the hotel is entitled for its part to rescind the contract during that period if there are inquiries from other customers regarding the contractually reserved rooms and the customer does not waive his right of rescission when asked by the hotel.
- If an agreed advance payment is not made even after a reasonable grace period set by the hotel with warning of rejecting has expired, then the hotel is likewise entitled to rescind the contract.
- Moreover, the hotel is entitled to effect extraordinary rescission of the contract for materially justifiable cause, for example if
- force majeure or other circumstances for which the hotel is not responsible make it impossible to fulfil the contract;
- rooms are reserved with misleading or false information regarding major facts, such as the identity of the customer or the purpose
- the hotel has justified cause to believe that use of the hotels services might jeopardize the smooth operation of the hotel, is security or public reputation, without being attributable to the hotels sphere of control or organization
- there is a violation of clause Application (2) above
- The hotel must notify the customer without delay that it is exercising is right of rescission.
- The customer can derive no right to compensation from justified rescission by the hotel.
Room availability, delivery and return
- The customer does not acquire the right to be provided specific rooms.
- Reserved rooms are available to the customer starting at 2:00 p.m. on the agreed arrival date. The customer does not have the right to earlier availability.
- Rooms must be vacated and made available to the hotel no later than 12:00 noon on the agreed departure date. After that time, the hotel may charge 50 percent of the full accommodation rate (list price) in addition to damages so incurred for the additional use of the room until 6:00 p.m. (after 6:00 p.m.:100 percent). The customer is at liberty to show the hotel that it incurred no or much lesser damages.
Liability of the hotel
- The hotel assumes liability for the due care and diligence of a prudent merchant. However, its liability for is limited in non-typical service areas to performance defects, damage, consequential damage, and discruptions resulting from intent or gross negligence on the part of the hotel. Should discruptions or defects occur in the hotels services, the hotel will endeavor to provide relief when it becomes aware of this or upon the customers immediate notification of the defect. The customer undertakes to contribute reasonable assistance in remedying the disruption and minimizing any possible damage.
- The hotel is not liable toward the customer for property introduced to the hotel. Money, securities and valuables can be kept in the hotel’s safe and room safes. Guests are recommended to take advantage of this facility.
- Insofar as a parking space is provided to the customer, this does not constitute a safekeeping agreement.
- Wake-up calls are carried out by the hotel with greatest possible diligence. Damage compensation claims are precluded hereby, excepting cases of gross negligence or intentional acts.
- Messages, mail, and merchandise deliveries for guests are handled with care. The hotel will deliver, hold, and for a fee forward such items (on request). Damage compensation claims are precluded hereby, excepting cases of gross negligence or intentional acts.
- Changes and amendments to the contracts, the acceptance of order, or these Terms and Conditions for Hotel accommodation should be made in writing. Unilateral changes and amendments by the customer are not valid.
- Place of performance and payment is the location of the hotels registered office.
- The contract is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Croatia. For all legal effects the competent jurisdiction is the court in Zadar, Croatia.
- Should individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions for Hotel Accommodation be or become invalid or void, the validity of the remaining provisions shall remain unaffected thereby. The statutory provisions shall also be applicable.